Aussie Life so far..
Long Long Post... Read at your own risk!!hahaa..
It has been a wonderful 3 weeks which the Lord has blessed me since I’ve arrived in Australia… Many friends came to bade me farewell… Thank you very much for coming.. It has been a good time knowing you guys….
It wasn’t easy parting with my mom on 20 Jul… Both in tears, who knows what the Lord has in store for us… But thank the Lord… Faith in him has led me safely till now.. I am sure He will comfort my mom, and that the separation will only be temporary… Who can ever fathom the love of a mother, father or even son? Only the Lord, knows, for he has given His son, so that all may live eternally….
I am currently worshipping in Southport Church of Christ, just opposite the Uni… What grace He has bestowed as to plant a church just opposite the University… Unfortunately, I have not been able to find the Overseas Christian Fellowship here in Gold Coast… I suppose they have a branch here in Brisbane, but it is based in another campus… Thus, I don’t think I will join them, as it is crazy traveling 1hr every week to meet up… With God’s hand, I’m sure he will have other plans for me…
There is a point in which I want to share, taken in context from the pastor. He said: “Give God your availability and He will give you the ability to serve”… and that “To have authority, you must submit to authority…”
What do these two phrases mean to me??? Well, I think that the 1st phrase, “Give God your availability and he will give you the ability to serve…” means to me that if you are available, and you can commit the time, the Heavenly Father will definitely give you the ability to serve. How can I testify to that?? In Singapore Life Church, I have given God my availability, in both music, and flower arranging, and He has given me the ability to serve Him in these two ministries… I have little formal training in piano playing, but He has blessed me with the wisdom and talent of improving my piano skills and to be able to have the courage to play for the whole congregation. This was something which was a surprise for me, since I knew that I was not so competent in the piano, and that any mistake will be heard by everyone. However, the Lord, my parents and my relatives all give me the support and encouragement, and so, the skill improves. He gives added value in many ways in which I live my life, my ministry, my faith, my friends, my actions, and most importantly, my soul and my belief. Do believe in yourself, and that if you have the interest, go for it, and the Lord will provide the rest, be it training, experience, etc..
The 2nd phrase “To have authority, you must submit to authority…” means to me that if you want to have authority, be it with your friends, your family, in church or in your workplace, you must first learn to submit to authority. This could be the Lord’s authority, the church’s authority, the elder’s authority, your boss/manager, your parents… For trust is only built on fulfilling your obligations as a member, a child, a subordinate, a friend, etc…
So my friend, meditate on the words above, and correct me, leave me comments on what you feel about my thoughts… This is write while the Lord speaks to me. Amen..


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home